Saturday, February 14, 2009

up in the stars

Owl City is amazing live. If you like the bubbly beats and sparkly notes of electronica/pop music, definitely check him out. Owl City is the one man band of Adam Young, from Minnesota.

Even though he only played 5 songs, it was truly epic. They sounded more like remixes of his songs, so they were more for dancing. It was his first public show, and he was very nervous. Lots and lots of fun. The kid who played before him, Swimming with Dolphins (also one of Adam's side projects with a friend), was quite good too. There was this cute part where they turned off the back screen and everything, as though if he was done, and he says "Oh, uhm, I think I'm done." He did play another song after that, but it was adorable how nervous & awkward he was.

Anyways, that's all I have to say, actually. I'm going to go watch The Dreamers, a French movie with Louis Garrel. He's one of my favourite actors, and I'm trying to watch all of his films.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

i will definately have to check him out!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

The Dreamers is a good movie.

iris said...

wooow what a coincidence! i found out about owl city last week! and i thought: nobody knows owl city! and you do! hahaha, he's lovely. i really like rainbow veins and the saltwater room.

Hazel said...

if you like owl city, then you might like the band PlayRadioPlay!, if you haven't heard of them already

prettyprocrastinator said...

I LOVE owl city <3
I'm probably going to see him on September 14th in Toronto, just have to find a way to get there....

edny said...

AHH! louis garrell?! are fucking kidding me? hes like supaaah hott (;
lol

Unknown said...

OWL CITY'S THE BEST. he's pic. right over there reminds me of my crush who introduced "fireflies" to me. yaeh, adam...i like you....and your songs.te-hee

Tori said...

ohh, the boy is adorable :]