Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ulyana Sergeenko and pop culture

I've decided to dedicate my 200th blog post to the on-the-rise Russian designer, Ulyana Sergeenko. Her debut collection for F/W 2011 left me speechless and her most recent S/S 2012 collection is no disappointment. I've selected some photos from both lookbooks and have also collected some photos of some of the cultural references they remind me of. Victory rolls, prairie grasses, complementary colours, and dusty florals are streamlined into billowing skirts, impeccable tailoring, and the delicate balance between modesty and sexiness. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing much more from Ms. Sergeenko.




































2 comments:

Safiya said...

Urgh! I just want the whole collection now!

Sara said...

wow i am speechless! such a beautiful collection!

http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/