Tuesday, December 17, 2013

please have snow & mistletoe


I had my last class (EVER) on Wednesday, graduated on Thursday, had my last day at one of my internships on Friday, went to the Minnesota RollerGirls bout on Saturday, spent Sunday working on two finals, and completed my FINAL final on Monday night! Phew! I had a short day at work today and now am off till Christmas. And obviously I have loads to do!
Today my boyfriend and I spent the afternoon at the American Swedish Institute for their Jul to the World Christmas exhibit. It was totally lovely and absolute fun. We have loads more Christmas plans including a Christmas tour of the Alexander Ramsey House, carols and a tour at the James J. Hill House, and A Christmas Story at Riverview Theater (only $1 if you bring a non-perishable food item for Minnehaha Food Shelf). If you live in the Twin Cities, make sure you schedule some time to get out and have some (inexpensive) Christmas fun on the town! The boyfriend and I will also be staying in to make candles, decorate a gingerbread house, and trim the tree. This time of year is so wonderful, and such a relief that I now am a college grad and have nothing to worry about (except finding a job).


I wore this outfit to go to the roller derby on Saturday night. After a few weeks of subzero temperatures, it's finally warmed up to the upper teens even the twenties! It's absolutely fab. I celebrated by showing some leg. I'm wearing a faux leather dress from SwayChic which I obviously wear ALL THE TIME. This is definitely one of the best purchases I've made in a long time. I belted it with a faux leather belt off of some Nasty Gal shorts I bought and which were not such a great purchasing choice. But oh well, it happens.
I layered the dress with my fave Eddie Bauer turtleneck. I love that this dress works for all seasons and can easily be worn with a massive chunky sweater, or with a tiny little crop top. I got all matchy-matchy with the socks and doubled up on them. This is definitely the time of year when multiple layers of socks are necessary. I don't even remember the last time I left the house with at least two pairs + tights.




This jacket is absolutely the best! Land's End has some sizing issues (aka an XXS petite dress was MASSIVE on me), but this coat is super cozy. I'm not even cold when I wear it, minus exposed limbs such as my knees.

That's all I've got for today. Don't forget to enter the Rosegal giveaway - it ends Christmas Eve! I have loads of exciting things coming up for the blog and I cannot wait to get to them. For tonight, however, I'm finishing up with sewing my Christmas dress! Stay warm and spread some cheer xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you to be done with school, and wishing you all the best of luck finding a real paying job.
Nice outfit, it looks stylish and WARM.
Hope you have a fun filled and relaxing holiday season.
C.

Unknown said...

YAY! I'm so happy for you. (Yes, weird that a chick you don't know from California feels happy for you, but true nonetheless.)Hope you don't have to slave away at some other place and do what you were meant to do. I must say that I love how your outfits are always weather appropriate and fashionable. Keep it up. xx

Unknown said...

Hooray for graduating! I'm really looking forward to getting out of grad school and hopefully finding a job. Good luck with your search. It can be really hard to find a good job these days!

But anyway, this outfit is awesome. I love that you look super cozy warm and trendy at the same time. That jacket looks incredibly warm! I'm in love with your faux leather pinafore too. I would've never thought to layer a turtleneck underneath it, but it looks perfect like that.

Jenna Leigh said...

Congrats :)

adorable outfit

http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Congrats on graduating! I have one semester left myself. It certainly goes by fast, huh?


I'm loving this dress - so perfect on you!

Also, roller derby is THE best.

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/