Thursday, December 6, 2012

You smiled and then the spell was cast

I'm still in this grungey mood. All I want to wear is layers upon layers and Doc Martens and hats and braid my hair. That sentence's grammar is hardly intact, but I cannot be bothered. It's finals season. You really cannot blame me. This laziness in dressing is not however entering my school life. I've been kicking ass left and right this week - heck, this entire semester - and I feel like I'm going to go out strong.
 
I decided to add a bit of class to my look today. Don't get me wrong, I really just wanted to wear a dress and ripped tights and at least two sweaters and a hat. But I resisted. Okay, I added the Doc Martens for a little dose of grunge. And crushed velvet makes my grungey little heart happy.
 
I'm also wearing a blouse from Lalamagic, a secondhand sweater from Gap, and a triple strand (see, classy!). This is probably the most stereotypically feminine that I've dressed in a while. I need to get back into this, I can't keep going to church looking like I just rolled out of bed and grabbed something off the floor.
 
I hate thinking about how Christmas is in less than 20 days and I have yet to get any decorations out! I haven't done any Christmas shopping (and I don't even have much to do!) or even sent my cards out (and I have loads of those!). Instead, I'm trying to keep my head up, plow through this last bit of semester, and then I have a plan to fit all my Christmas cheer into the 10 remaning days after I've turned in all my finals. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get a quick Christmas boost? I'm also looking for good recipes, gift ideas, crafts, etc! All and everything is appreciated.
 
Take care & stay warm (I was freezing taking these photos!) xx

6 comments:

Isabel said...

You LOOK so rad in these leggings. Freaking awesome look, Chloe.

Lauren said...

You can do it! I believe in you.

Unknown said...

Good luck getting through the rest of this semester! You can do it!
As for a Christmas boost, watching all my favorite Christmas movies tends to get me into the holiday spirit. That and cookies. Lots and lots of cookies!

Anonymous said...

Hey Chloe! I was wondering if you had a button for you blog that others can put on their blogs? I'm starting a new blog and I'd love to have a button for your blog.

Thanks!

gvozdishe said...

Hi dear!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment!
I follow you now! Hope you will follow me back )
www.gvozdishe.com

Armelle said...

Those leggings fit you damn well and are quite awesome. Been looking for them on Ebay since ages, can't decide wish color I'm gonna pick !

Happy New Year !

xx