Wednesday, September 8, 2010

you've got to live for today, then let it go


I've mentioned before that I'm not a huge fan of leopard print, correct? Well, if I haven't, there it is: leopard print has never been my thaang. I'm not sure why, I've always just found it very trashy and tastless (now and then it's done alright, I'll admit, but even in the pages of Vogue it's usually a turn off). But when I saw this cardigan in the Target sales rack I ran over immediately and grabbed it. Ever since it became my goal in life to emulate every character in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, I've been looking everywhere for a good animal print vest...then I decided that even a cardigan would do.....

....And as you kids can tell, Ferris approves.

I wore this on the first day back to classes yesterday. It was very blustery, rainy, and cold out (hence the amazing, windblown hairstyle I'm sporting). I'm back to wearing my wedge boots now that autumn has arrived. I've missed these babies, but now I'll have to retrain my feet to walk in wedge boots. I swear, wedges are the most awkward type of heel to walk in. Yesterday I almost faceplanted on the bus while tipsily getting off. However, I am blaming this near-accident on the weight of my backpack mixed with the inertia of the bus when it stops.
I'm also sporting my trusty flannel (I'm sorry for wearing this in EVERY look. But I honestly do wear it 4 days a week. Someone! Please send me new tops!!) and jeans from the Material Girl line for Macy's, designed by Madonna and her daughter. They are such a dream (the pants, not the design team) and do not stretch out the slightest. New favourite jeans, found.

For luck on my first day back to campus, I wore my owl pin. My boyfriend bought this for me on our three month anniversary while we were up in Duluth. It's absolutely lovely, and I adore owls. I know they're some hipster trend right now, but honestly I've always been fascinated with owls ever since I can remember. My hippie mother adores birds so I've grown up with the creatures all over: in wallpaper, in candles, lights, bath towels, lifesize paintings, pillows, lightswitch plates....

I also painted my nails silver. I usually never paint my nails, but I woke up the other morning with the ever growing need to paint my nails metallic. Right now I'm in search for the perfect deep red & plum colours. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Lina said...

Amazing outfit! Love the little owl :) x

Mel said...

I'm kind of iffy about leopard print too! I have a love-hate relationship with it, but that cardigan is awesome! Haha plaid is cool, don't worry about it! Those jeans also fit so well and look so cool!

Unknown said...

I love your hair! It looks great :D
and I'm digging the leopard print in that outfit.

Elaine said...

This is aaaaamazing!!! Love the buffalo print with the leopard.

CLOTHED MUCH, a modest fashion blog