Tuesday, June 12, 2012

apple pie

First things first, I'm rocking the side pony today. Yupp, I'm pretty proud of myself. It's my Summer 2012 goal to single-handedly bring back the side pony trend (and consequently make mankind a bit cooler). Today is day one. I expect that by the end of next week, side ponies will be everywhere. Get your scrunchies ready!
 
 
It was fairly chilly out today and I was poorly dressed for the weather. I also realised that I should've saved this outfit for the 4th of July (I'm your All-American sort, clearly) but I was too anxious to wear these shorts. I found them at a thrift shop a few weeks ago. They gap way too much in the back and I hate pockets with flaps, so I may have to do some renovations to them....but considering they were something around $0.75, I won't complain! I've been trying to put myself on a budget, especially now that I've cut back my hours at work, but it isn't working. Like I mentioned with the earrings a couple posts ago, I always find an excuse to treat myself...
 
 
I'm also wearing a new-to-me shirt from the second hand store and my go to saddle shoes. I'm probably driving ya'll (SEE? All-American!) crazy with these shoes, since I seem to wear them constantly. I've come to realise that most of my shoes (aka all but 3 pairs) cater to cooler weather. I suppose it's a Minnesotan thing.
 
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who wrote such beautifully thought out repsonses to my New Year's Resolution: Part Two post. It was lovely to read them all and I hope that it made some of you readers think about their own reactions to feminism or to society's representation of the ideal female. We live in a culture full of mixed messages and sometimes it's hard to find your way. In furthering my feminist education, I've bought a new book called "Transforming a Rape Culture." I've heard really good things about it and the topic hits close to home, so I'm really looking forward to reading what's inside. Even a summary I read of it gave me an equal mix of chills and passionate anger.
 
Till next time friends, start rockin' those side ponies xx

9 comments:

Lea said...

love your confidence in the side pony. When I was probably six I wore a insane side pony to my dance class like the ponytail was right above my ear practically. I lived in NYC when I was little and we were riding the subway to my lesson and some teenager jerk said "does she really think that ponytail looks good". keep in mind I was like six and was traumatized and never wore my side pony again :( glad to see you rocking it though! looks very cute

Lea said...

p.s let us know how that book is!

Jamie Rose said...

I love the side pony tail! I was wearing a low one once in a while last semester. I definitely think you can rock it and make it a comeback. I'll probably be rocking one too when the weather gets too hot for my hair to be down.
I'm loving your new shorts paired with the button-down shirt too. And those shoes look cute with everything!

Aletheia said...

Oh, love these pics so much! The outfit is perfect and that shoes are to die for!

Olga Choi said...

Great look, dear~!
Love your pants - look perfect on you~!
You have a unique style so
it would be great to have you among my followers and be your follower also~!
Just drop the message in my blog if you like the idea~
Have a nice blogging day~!

xoxo
Olga
http://www.myblondegal.com/

ToriLou said...

I wear a low side pony to work! Don't like having my hair up, so that's my compromise :) V v cute look! Also lovin' the shoes , looking to purchase a pair of my very own :D

Jul, Life Is A Romantic Poem said...

I love the side ponytail on you :) and those saddle shoes...my gosh, I want! I love this whole outfit <3
Life is a romantic poem

CarrieAnn said...

Treat yourself greatly! Even if its something small! I love to do it :) I was just looking at saddle shoes before you started wearing yours again, and I was like "OMG CHLOE!" jealous! I actually found them online from payless they make them for adults now too! Your so dang cute!

Priya said...

Chloe if my curls were as adorable as yours I would definitely rock the side pony more often! Mine just kinda suck. I have two shirts identical to that (and I know that's been your favorite so maybe I'm just copying you) but I love them both. So classic and perfect.