Saturday, August 4, 2012

coca cola

I'm back to blogging awkwardly and uncomfortably from a different computer. My poor little laptop Godfrey has been under the weather for quite some time and I just cannot get the diagnosis correct. Hopefully this time he'll be better once and for all!
I had planned on blogging these photos yesterday, but that was when Godfrey fell ill once again. Yesterday was still very warm (90°F) so I tied up my Coca Cola shirt to help endure the heat. I'm less shy about showing off a bit of the midriff lately because I've been working out....I feel silly saying that, considering that my "working out" is mostly yoga, tossing around 5lbs dumbbells, and assorted crunches. But either way, I've been more active. All the hard labour I did in Guatemala inspired me. I loved getting back from a day of pick-axing and sweat, only to fall on the bed and just feel completely exhausted but also fulfilled and healthy. So when I got home, I grabbed a bunch of fitness magazines and have been doing their different work outs. I'm not one for running or anything that requires too much cardio, but I enjoy yoga and lifting weights. We'll see how long this lasts for!
I was feeling a bit Japanese-punk-schoolgirl inspired here. I don't usually wear this skirt without tights on (it's so short!) but I made an exception for today. I bought it from Zara last year when I was in Lyon. They have a cute kid's section! I love shopping kid's clothes because they're always cheaper.
On the other hand, this shirt is from the men's section of Target. When I was in Santa Fe, also last year, we popped into Target and I noticed this on a $5 sale table, so I snatched it up with the thought of cutting it into a crop top. Ta da! I also wore it last year here. I cannot believe how much I've grown in the last year...I tried those shorts on just recently and I ended up ripping them up the side seam. Oops!
Speaking of Coca Cola, I've been trying to cut back on my caffeine consumption. It isn't working out very well, unfortunately. I think I lasted Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but all three days were marked with  awful headaches, nausea, and dizziness. Who knew that caffeine had such a strong hold on my life? A big part of wanting to cut it out is that I drink a lot of Coca Cola and pop is extremely unhealthy for you. The new studies about pancreatic cancer are scaring me loads, not to mention that caffeine in general is bad for your skin, or so I've heard. On the other hand, I've also heard that people who drink one or two cups of coffee a day are generally happier and live longer. So, I've decided to quit trying to kick caffeine and instead work out everyday. I think this is an okay trade off.
Yesterday morning, I noticed some furry red thing scurry into a bush near the alley. I thought to myself, "Hmm, that's a strange looking squirrel" and then forgot about it. But when I went outside and set up my camera, I noticed some huge red creature loping from one side of the alley to the other. I realised almost instantly that it was a woodchuck...but what it was doing in such a highly residential area, I don't know! I've seen them in prairies and near the river, but never in the neighbourhood. The poor little guy was probably lost. Apparently they don't see very well. I felt awful bad for him, but they're super vicious and the last thing I wanted was to have my bare legs ripped to shreds. I was wearing these good-for-kicking-ass Doc Martens, but I also didn't want to injure the little guy...I just wanted to help him. I decided to let him be and kept a weary eye on the bush in case he came running towards me for attack. About 10 minutes later, I heard the neighbour's dog going berserk....I'm assuming that the scruffy little thing ran across the woodchuck. I hope all was okay. I'm awkwardly protective of Mother Nature and her woodland creatures. I blame it on my hippie upbringing.
Anyways, I'm off to an art fair today. It cooled down from a massive rain storm last night, and now I'm confused about how to dress. Then I have a date tonight hopefully to see Shonen Knife play 7th Street Entry, as long as it's not sold out. And boy, I really hope it isn't! Later kiddies xx

8 comments:

Kitty Constance said...

Great look! You're so pretty c:

Elizabeth Daisy. said...

love how fun and fabulous this styling is darling - the top is great!

Eda ♥

Candyfloss Curls, Cupcakes & Couture

Follow me on twitter ♥

Anonymous said...

AWW, so sexy! really like your shoes

Meli said...

Ooh I hope you were able to go to the show! Also, have you ever thought of boxing to work out? It's very physical and you get your cardio in without realizing it. And it's a lot of fun :)

Emily said...

Holy crap, you are gorgeous! I love your look, with the red lips and adorably curly hair. This is a killer outfit too. I love the ease of the tied-up Coke tee paired with the feminine skirt. And your Docs are badass perfection. Your working out must be working because you have such a darling figure! I hope you have a pleasant time at the art fair. What fun! And I'll be keeping that little woodchuck in my prayers. :P

May the force be with you.
Emily

Safiya said...

I've got myself back into doing yoga last month and I don't know why I ever stopped!? I always feel so much more refreshed after a session and it's great when you find you can stretch just that bit further each time. I love the way you tie your shirts, I'll have to have a play around with some of my tees :)

http://safiya-marie.blogspot.co.uk/

Priya said...

Chloe, your curls are looking gorgeous! Really loving this outfit. Hope your computer gets better really soon! You looked waaaay more into caffeine/coffee than I ever have, all I know is I love a cup every now and then, it just gives me such a cozy (and awake!) feeling. Enjoy the play tonight, I've never heard of it but I'd love to know how it is!!

perfectly priya

Anonymous said...

this girl is your not as attractive twin, wow.

http://www.urbanweedsblog.com/2012/08/morgan-on-sw-yamhill-portland-oregon.html